Associate, Corporate Actions
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
This role is responsible for corporate actions validation operations, customer support and new client onboarding, vendor management, quality control, and strategic support for new product initiatives.
The Markit Corporate Actions Product Services Team has an established presence in London, New York, India, Dallas, and Singapore.
The validation operations team monitors domestic and international corporate actions announcements from the point of notice of inception and conducts a stringent cleansing process.
The successful candidate ensures that the state of each corporate action announcement record clearly defines the terms of the corporate action in order for customers to pass notification on to their clients to conduct investment decisions and to allocate entitlements resulting from the corporate action.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and partake in a new initiative, collaborating in close partnership with colleagues across the globe.
Duties & accountabilities
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to customers
- Utilize various research sources (prospectuses, information circulars, exchange bulletins), including internet search engines and websites to successfully validate the corporate action
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, Banks, Exchange Officials, and with high ranking Issuer Officers (CFO, CEO), including Legal Counsel to obtain corporate action specifics
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions
- Interface with external customers via emails and phone calls to address their questions on data integrity, service procedure and market practices
- Collaborate with local and global teams to improve procedures and identify and implement opportunities to realize efficiencies and improve quality for a better downstream product
- Contribute to user acceptance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Contribute to quality assurance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations