- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 06 Feb 18
Associate, Compliance, CIB Surv. Analytics
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for an Associate who will be located in Singapore, reporting to an Associate Director for Trade Surveillance Analytics and Scripting. Primary responsibility is to develop and improve the scripting and analytics capabilities within the department for the purpose of monitoring market abuse. In addition, the incumbent will take part in projects under taken by Trade Surveillance, with particular focus on developing end user scripts / applications to making surveillance undertaking more efficient.
We have an opportunity for the incumbent to:
- Develop and improve the analytics capabilities and monitoring within the Trade Surveillance Unit across all regions
- Ensure that analytics implemented are relevant and updated such that they meet and exceed regulatory expectations on trade surveillance controls built on the back of these.
- Provide subject matter expertise on trade surveillance projects with regards to making surveillance undertaking more efficient. This would include development of end user scripts / applications using available technology.
- Participate in trade surveillance projects, that involve drafting / reviewing Operating Instructions, Business Requirements Document, Functional Specification Document, Testing, etcetera
- Interact with Information Technology / Production Support / Business Teams, on projects, data, and analytics build up.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics or related majors
- Sound knowledge on financial markets products / surveillance / order-to-trade life cycles
- Ability to bridge business and tech, writing codes in statistical / scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of quantitative and data analytics techniques
- Fundamental knowledge of how ERD and FACT model work
- Ability to comprehend and learn quickly
- Minimum 3-6 years experience in similar capacity
- Willingness to take on responsibilities, challenges and acquiring new skills
- Strong collaboration skills, with ability to engage people from different functions
- Delivery of high quality work, in a limited amount of time
- Able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..