- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18
Associate Analyst, Structured Finance
Location: SingaporeThe successful candidate will join Moody's Structured Finance Group (SFG) team in Singapore, which is responsible for rating and monitoring South and Southeast Asian structured finance transactions.
The role will provide quantitative and analytical support to the Rating and Research (R&R) team covering Structured Finance. The role will initially be part of the SFG R&R team but will transition to the new RRS group, which is dedicated to providing support to analytical teams in R&R. The role will provide the individual an opportunity to be part of the formation of the RRS group for SFG working in partnership with the R&R team, by providing a wide range of analytical support services that contribute to the overall credit analysis function performed by this team.
The Role / Responsibilities:
As an Associate Analyst 2, your key function will be to provide analytical, research and logistical assistance to analysts and managers, and will include all or some of the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation and management of rating committees and portfolio reviews by gathering and analyzing data, preparing charts, running models, sourcing analytical information, and helping to prepare required documentation. Review transaction documents and learn cash flow and loss allocation rules.
- Develop an understanding of Moody's methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analyses. Areas of focus may be: RMBS, CMBS, ABS, CLO/CDO, Real Estate Finance, Covered Bonds.
- Attend rating committees.
- Prepare presentations for investor meetings under the direction of lead analysts; participate in investor meetings and discussions of key credit issues. Publish timely and insightful research and assist in conducting credit research and analysis.
- Work with a team of analysts on various analytical, statistical and data projects. Utilize SQL, VBA, Excel, or MATLAB to query and manipulate large data sets to conduct data analysis.
- Understand and learn how to use complex financial models, spreadsheets and analytical databases.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by Team Manager.
The Structured Finance Group (SFG) reviews a wide range of securitisation structures comprising mortgage and asset-backed securities, collateralised debt obligations, credit derivatives, asset-backed commercial paper, repackaged bond and CMBS transactions.
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for primary and surveillance activities and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law Economics, Statistics, Math or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of experience within capital markets, working within a professional accounting firm, law firm or financial institution is essential
- Understanding of capital markets including asset backed, residential and commercial mortgage backed securities
- Highly numerate with strong financial analysis, cash flow and modeling skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Must display strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.