Associate Analyst- Sovereign
The key function of the role is to provide analytical, statistical, research and logistical assistance to credit rating analysts covering sovereign entities and multinational development banks.
- Contribute to fundamental credit analyses related to sovereign entities and multinational development banks to help manage the team's portfolio of ratings
- Support rating analysts in monitoring a portfolio of countries, forecasting macroeconomics and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Contribute to credit-related thematic research
- Develop, monitor and maintain analytical databases
- Support credit rating analysts in: creating graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, drafting rating committee memoranda and related documents, drafting research reports and special projects, as needed
- Actively participate in internal credit discussions and meetings with external parties, including government officials and investors.
- Assist managers and rating analysts with ongoing and ad-hoc projects.
- Adhere to all applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
- Strong academic background - undergraduate degree, preferably in Economics or International Relations; Finance, International Business and/or Public Administration or similar
- 2+ years relevant experience in the Financial Sector, Government or Consulting; previous Macroeconomic Analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Macroeconomic Principles
- Good quantitative skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint. Programming language is a good plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is required, Mandarin is a good plus.
- Strong attention to detail; Highly organised and efficient; Consistently meet tight deadlines; Proactive and exercise own initiative; Work effectively and contribute within a diverse team.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.