Associate/Vice president Technology Audit
Description About this role
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock's businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock's individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and our work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams "At a Glance" Business Audit
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance. Technology Audit
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms. SAO (Strategy, Analytics & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit department is the Strategy, Analytics and Operations team. There are two main functions:
Strategy and Operations: This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across the global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The SAO team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
Data Analytics (DA): This team leverages BlackRock data and various data science, business intelligence, and analytics methods to support the activities of the audit department. The DA team participates in both business and technology audit execution, builds and maintains an inventory of self-service tools for the auditors, supports the risk assessment and annual planning process, and helps manage the department's operations through the development of impactful management information. The DA team is a driver of innovation for the department and helps auditors gain efficiencies and insights through the work that they do. Role Description
BlackRock Internal Audit is seeking an Associate for its Technology Audit practice, who will support the execution of the Firm's annual audit plan and advisory activities by delivering global and regional assurance, with a focus on BlackRock's strategic onshore China business. The Technology Audit Associate will be involved in various aspects of the Audit group's risk assessment, assurance, and advisory activities, including audit planning and execution, and contributing to strategic initiatives.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management and timely execution of audits.
- Engaging BlackRock stakeholders to understand and identify key processes and risks within a specific business unit.
- Making risk-based decisions on audit scope.
- Designing and executing test plans to validate controls.
- Investigating, escalating and vetting issues identified during testing.
- Drafting audit reports and issue details.
- Discussing observations and remediation activities with senior stakeholders.
- Overseeing issue remediation.
The Technology Audit Associate will also contribute to ongoing business monitoring and optimization activities, including:
Skills and Experience
- Providing advisory services during the development or acquisition of new businesses and systems.
- Identifying emerging firm-wide and business risks, understanding organizational changes through periodic engagements with business units, and completing risk assessments of these areas.
- Building collaborative relationships with the risk and control functions.
- Leading or contributing to global department-wide initiatives.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in management information systems, engineering, technology, computer science or a related field is preferred. BA/BS or equivalent is required.
- At least 3 years in a technology audit and/or technology risk management function, preferably within the wealth management/asset management/banking industry.
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEH).
- Strong understanding of application development, databases, operating systems, networking and other key technology infrastructure components.
- Knowledge of technology controls including: application security management (e.g., user entitlements, authentication, accountability, data protection), system architecture and design (e.g., availability, redundancy, scalability, data integrity and validation), technology operations (e.g., change and release management, data backup and retention, performance and capacity management), and technology governance (e.g. technology risk management, cyber security rules and regulations).
- Interest in broad exposure to investment management, sales, trading, operations, risk management, finance, legal, and compliance activities in the asset management industry.
- Familiarity with financial instruments and asset management processes.
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events.
- Strong project management, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills, including strong writing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with peers and business partners.
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in Mandarin and English (both verbal and written).
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.