The Community Stewardship (CS) department supports Temasek's role as a Trusted Steward and is responsible for activating impactful community contributions towards our objectives of connecting people, uplifting communities, protecting the planet and advancing capabilities in Singapore and beyond.
The Engagement team within the CS department is responsible for developing and operationalising the community contributions strategy, ensuring alignment to our community objectives through thorough assessments and monitoring of impact metrics. This ensures we deploy our community funds to maximise impact in markets where we operate, building resilient, cohesive and progressive communities.
In conjunction with community contributions, the team is also responsible for developing the stakeholder engagement framework to build strong external networks and foster collaboration across the Temasek ecosystem comprising our portfolio companies and non-profit ecosystem.
The team leads the development of the strategic communications plan and efforts to support the work of the CS department. This is an important pillar that seeks to profile Temasek's role as a Trusted Steward, communicating what we do at Temasek and leveraging our non-profit ecosystem through various internal and external platforms, publications and thought leadership engagements.
The role is instrumental in supporting the work of the Engagement team in the areas above, and reports to the Director, Community Stewardship (Engagement). Responsibilities:
- Operationalise Temasek's community contributions strategy
- Manage and deploy community contributions through identifying impactful projects and initiatives
- Develop, monitor and report on impact indicators for community contributions
- Translate the stakeholder engagement framework and strategy into sustained and meaningful engagement platforms and outreach activities;
- Plan and execute regular stakeholder engagement programmes and events including the Temasek Community Network forum, workshops and bi-lateral engagements; as well as ad-hoc engagements as required
- Develop insights and learnings to help shape Temasek's community contributions strategy, and curate partnership opportunities arising from the engagements
- Develop and maintain the engagement playbook and materials
- Support and execute communications plans and efforts, including handling CS-related media queries together with the public affairs team
- Support the preparation of presentations and materials for internal and external engagements and communications, with a clear focus on messaging of the company's approach towards community stewardship
The Role will undertake any other duties as assigned by the Reporting Supervisor Requirements:
- Degree with min 8 years of working experience in a large corporate work environment with direct experience in community engagement or corporate social responsibility work
- A highly adaptable individual who can effectively contribute within matrix structures in a fast-paced and dynamic cross-functional, cross-cultural environment.
- Possess excellent project and time-management skills, with strong attention to detail, balanced with timely execution
- An analytical and critical thinker who can 'connect the dots', with the ability to communicate and present information clearly to senior stakeholders
- Energetic self-starter with a can-do attitude, proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- A team player with proven organisational skills to lead multiple, concurrent projects within tight deadlines; and ability to work constructively with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Resourcefulness to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, to process changes in direction quickly while maintaining a high quality of output; embraces ambiguity.
- Strong interest in social and community causes is a plus