Associate/Consultant/Senior Consultant, Tax Technology and Transformation, Tax, Singapore
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Singapore
- 11 Feb 18 2018-02-11
Our Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of tax professionals in 150 countries, you will get a
Our Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of tax professionals in 150 countries, you will get a plenty of opportunities to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting, data management, implementation of tax software systems and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
The opportunity As a member of the Tax Technology & Transformation practice, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting the team in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You will be involved in key projects to assist our clients to optimise performance of their functions.
Your key responsibilities
- Tax Function Evaluation and Optimization: Evaluate or optimize tax operation structure by assessing current state, benchmarking with leading practice, providing optimization solution options, etc.
- Process and Controls Enhancement: Re-design and deploy streamlined tax processes including new technology solutions with clear roles and responsibilities, standardized work processes, proper controls embedded to manage risks.
- Data and Systems Effectiveness: Embed the needs of Tax into Finance and IT systems to increase automation and data quality throughout tax processes; automate tax processing, tax compliance and reporting through various tax technologies.
- Risk Management: Assess and prioritize tax risks to establish a proper control environment that takes into account the various regulatory regimes.
Skills and attributes for success
- A keen interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions
- Demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others
- Willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong leadership, attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least 1 -2 year (Associate), 3 years (Consultant position), 5 years (Senior Consultant) of relevant work experience.
- Good object-oriented design and coding skills in C#, VBA
- Experience and good working knowledge in the following areas:
- .Net Framework
- MS SharePoint
- MS SQL Server - SQL, triggers, functions, stored procedures, the preparation of capacity.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Software engineering, project management knowledge and experience
- C/S and B/S model development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing and proactive personality
Ideally, you also have
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Accounting and finance
- Development and/or implementation of tax technology solution
- Finance or tax performance improvement
- Knowledge and experience in RPA software (e.g., Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath)
- Knowledge and experience in business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eycareerssingapore
Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EY_Singapore
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal