We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This role is embedded in an integrated team that provides investment services for all public market investment activities. Exposure opportunities
- You will play a IT analyst / Software Developer role in Investment Services Public Market domains to: - build and support systems across entire trade lifecycle to achieve world-class operational excellence and execution;
- help the firm manage and interface with external fund managers who bring extended investment expertise and intelligence to table
- As a person with strong analytical reasoning and conceptual thinking skills, you will use your technology know-how to bring value to the business.
- You will participate in high-value complex projects based on Agile principles and work with an expanded toolset beyond the traditional programming languages, including Python, Tableau, Informatica, Jenkins and messaging technologies, while keeping an eye out for emerging technology trends and developments.
- As an excellent team player with a collaborative mind-set, you will work hand-in-hand with various facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners.
- You will also work alongside experienced professionals and continue to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Programming experience in object-oriented languages.
- Working proficiency in SQL and Stored Procedures (MSSQL or Oracle).
- Strong collaboration skills, able to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders.