We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
The role offers the opportunity to partner the Investment Risk Management group (IRM) from the Risk & Performance Management Department (RPMD) in developing solutions that enhance the capabilities of the risk managers in their independent assessment, measurement, monitoring and reporting of GIC's market, credit and operational risk profiles. We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual who has a keen interest in building up expertise in technology in the risk and performance domain. Responsibilities
- Develop in partnership with investment risk managers a set of risk & performance management tools to;
- enhance the technical infrastructure to support IRM objectives and priorities e.g. to assist CIOs assess risk-reward trade-offs, facilitating tactical adjustments
in strategy risk positioning
- support the IRM team on ad hoc risk related queries, initiatives and projects.
- improve market risk models and risk assessment frameworks, and reports for regular management reporting
- Work in close collaboration with immediate and extended Technology team to;
- deliver capabilities using agile principles with CI/CD
- provide operational support for production systems
- monitor emerging technology trends and explore opportunities in applying them to relevant areas to drive desired business outcomes Requirements
Desirable skills and exposures
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical and/or technical development role
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Working proficiency in SQL (MSSQL or Oracle) and Python or proficiency in processing & analysis of large datasets aggregating across different sources
- Broad interest in financial markets & investments.
- Strong analytical background and genuine interest & passion in problem solving using technology.
- Desire to constantly learn and upgrade your knowledge base and skillsets,
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be a proactive, dynamic member of a team.
- Basic understanding of financial products & investment risk & performance analytics
- Relevant business analysis experience on using technology to achieve business objectives
- Experience in ETL tools such as Informatica
- Experience with AGILE/Adaptive project
- Good knowledge of a least 1 asset class (e.g. Equity, Fixed Income, Funds, Real Estate, Private Equity) will be a plus
- CFA or FRM qualification will be a plus