We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This is an opportunity to join GIC as an Associate/AVP, Senior Business Analyst (Public Market Solutions - Asset Servicing and Data).
You will be the key contact and technology partner with Investment Services Public Markets Department and provide solutions through effective use of technology. This role will be part of an integrated team that provides technology and data solutions for trade processing activities. Exposure opportunities
- You will play a key role in building and supporting systems in trade processing critical to investment execution.
- As a person with strong analytical reasoning and technical skills, you will work with users to analyze and develop technology solutions to bring value to the business.
- You will also analyze, propose, and drive system enhancements, and deliver good outcomes for business.
- You will participate in projects based on Agile principles and work with toolsets such as PL/SQL, Informatica, .NET framework/Core, Tableau and Jenkins, while keeping an eye out for emerging technology trends and developments.
- With strong collaborative mind-set, you will work across facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners.
- You will also work alongside an experienced team of professionals and contribute.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in technology business analysis or software development, familiar with business applications in investment/banking industries.
- A team player who has a growth mindset and confident to work independently.
- Possesses strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Java, REACT/Angular, JIRA, and agile development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Working proficiency in .NET, Informatica, Tableau and Jenkins will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.