We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated investment service team that leverages data and emerging technologies to provide services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Equities Operations team as an Associate/Assistant Vice President. The Equities Operations team covers Trade, Corporate Actions and Proxy Operations for the Equities Asset Class.
The successful candidate shall work primarily in the Trade Operations team with a focus on the support of OTC Equities Swaps and Options and also have parallel exposure to the adjacent Corporate Actions team that manages corporate action and proxy voting operations. We continuously seek for areas to improve upon so as to achieve higher efficiency and reduced operational risk. Responsibilities
- Support the business in the trading activities of Equities asset classes
- Perform trade processing of various Equities instruments, including: Cash Equities, Exchange-traded Futures & Options, OTC Swaps and Options.
- Ensure prompt receipt and matching of trade confirmations.
- Ensure timely settlement for all trades across the global markets. This includes ensuring sufficient funding and meeting both the internal and custodian banks' cut-off times.
- Ensure prompt follow up on trade matching, trade confirmation, settlement, and other operational matters.
- Assessment for implementation of new products and markets for investment by portfolio managers.
- Work with external counterparties, brokers and service providers to resolve operational issues, and be able to assess their service levels. Ensure service level is met for all services.
- Work with external vendors (brokers, counterparties, clearers, custodian banks, industry groups) to keep track of market developments.
Corporate Action Operations and Analysis
- Process dividends, Corporate Action ("CA") and proxy voting events.
- Ensure all internal CA transactions are booked timely and accurately. Need to understand internal booking policy, which is largely to obtain accurate portfolio valuations, as well as enable Portfolio Managers ("PMs") to trade on accurate post-CA positions.
- Ensure all CA instructions from PMs are solicited, and instructions to custodian banks are sent timely and accurately.
- Ensure all CA entitlements on pay date are received timely and accurately, and follow up with custodians on all discrepancies. Appreciate and apply the concept of dividend withholding and reclaimable tax.
- Understand PMs' decision making process in elective CAs and proxy events.
- Incorporate simple research and analysis into the operations workflow.
- Drive process improvements for productivity and quality enhancements; design solutions to integrate into processes.
- Participate in system enhancement UAT and continuous process improvements.
- Leverage on technological/automation tools coupled with strong understanding of business needs, in order to streamline work processes.
- Participate in cross-team collaboration through projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- At least 2 years' of experience in Investment Operations, preferably handling Equities Swaps.
- Inquisitive and curious, detail-oriented, strong analytical ability, excellent communication skills and possess a drive for excellence.
- Constantly keep up-to-date with industry developments, resourceful. Able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- A good team player, collaborates well with internal and external counterparts, self-motivated and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Some experience interacting with investment professionals and traders is an added advantage, but not a pre-requisite.