Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Data Management Section
Overview of Division/Department
Data Management Section (DMS) is the section set up to focus efforts on efficient and consistent use of our Bank's data assets. Its principal mission of DMS is to lay the foundation for our Bank to strategically harness the power of data in Bank's processes and services. There are two core teams under DMS :
1) Data Governance & Quality Management Team works with sections across the Bank and its stakeholders, the section is responsible for Singapore Office's data strategy, data architecture, data policies, standards, governance activities in partnership with the Bank's IT leadership and other stakeholders to ensure that data meets the required Business and Regulatory Needs.
2) Data Insights & Analytics Team drives and promotes the data-driven decision-making culture in the Bank. The Team will be an enabler in cross-functional teams, collaboratively planning and delivering advance data analytics tools and insights in support of business unit's priorities Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Work with regulatory reporting teams to management and handle MAS regulatory reporting, and administrative support
Work closely with internal sections (such as Compliance, Financial Control, Back-office Operations & IT) to ensure accuracy in the preparation of MAS regulatory reports
Stay abreast of latest changes in financial accounting, the domestic regulatory landscape and its implications on overall risk management
Provide support to internal/external auditors and Head Office inspections
Participate in data Projects, and perform UATs to bring those projects into production Job Requirements
What you should have:
- Degree with at least 4 years in banking industry and at least 2 years of regulatory reporting experience, with good knowledge of compliance, finance and key banking products (such as trade finance, loans, remittance, treasury etc)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude, high degree of accuracy is required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Access.
- Good Knowledge of data analysis and relevant skill sets (such as python coding) would be a good advantage.