We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets, or ISPM, is an integrated team that leverages data and emerging technology to provide investment services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategies, as well as GIC's global execution, trade and collateral operations, asset servicing, investment monitoring, market data management, network management and custody control. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Custody & Control team as an Associate / AVP. Responsibilities
- Support GIC's investments in public markets with the execution of robust controls with cash and security reconciliation. The coverage is global and includes public markets assets such as Equities, Bonds, Money Market, Foreign Exchange and Derivative products.
- Maintain the integrity of internal records by ensure that all reconciliation breaks are followed up on timely basis with good resolution.
- Manage failed trades with determination of the erring party and process claims.
- Support post trade settlement activities including:
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of fees and expenses.
- Ensure prompt and accurate receipt of income.
- Support client initiated transition activities.
- Drive process improvements for productivity and quality enhancements; design solutions to integrate into processes.
- You should have a good Degree in Accountancy, Business or Finance with proven knowledge of Equity, Fixed Income, Forex and Derivative products.
- At least 2 years of experience in operations; experience in custody operations is an advantage.
- You possess a drive to deliver excellent work, an eye for details, and a meticulous nature.
- You should also possess strong analytical abilities, and have excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- A good team player, self-motivated and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- A keen learner with the aptitude to learn fast.