Assoc/VP - Loans Middle Office
Nomura is a Global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Nomura's Global Middle Office "GMO" provides Trading Desk with trade support and financial reporting. The Loans Middle Office works closely with the Loans Origination and Trading desk providing support in all pre and post trade execution, product life cycle to ensure accurate risk capture in the firm's books and records. The candidate will act as the face-off between the Trading Desk and other stakeholders, identify and remediate control risks, maintain strong
governance and drive strategic change initiatives.
- Advise loan desk on operational matters and help trading navigate through requirements to ensure timely execution and booking of trades while maintaining the second line of defence as core control function
- Supporting with documentation and booking of trades. Review and approve life cycle events processed by offshore team. Maintain oversight of team responsibilities to ensure timely completion and documentation of tasks, control procedures are followed and continuous review of KRI's.
- Work closely with other departments including Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Risk, IT, Legal and Compliance to ensure timely trade execution and issue resolution
- Liaise with external parties including trade counterparties, agents, banks, intermediaries, to ensure timely trade execution and settlement
- Trade support for other products traded by the Loans desk including vanilla cash Bonds and Equities, vanilla derivative products, and credit insurance
- Demonstrate an understanding of front to back trade flows as well as Risk and P&L
- Actively contribute in new business or process change initiatives through collaboration with other departments. Drive best practice and ensure control standards are met operationally
- Drive automation and digitalization initiatives to improve productivity and enhance controls
- Represent GMO and Finance in project work on regional and global change initiatives
- 5+ years' experience supporting loan products
- Prior experience with Loan IQ is an advantage
- Strong Control mind set, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Must have the confidence to deliver tough messages and have difficult conversations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- Self-motivated person, not afraid to suggest changes and re-invest process
- General knowledge of other Global Market products
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time