Assistant Vice President, Strategy & Portfolio Management – Unsecured
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 23 Jan 18
Assistant Vice President, Strategy & Portfolio Management – UnsecuredUnited Overseas Bank ("UOB") is seeking talented individuals to join our Unsecured Strategy & Portfolio Management ("S&PM") team. The candidate should have a keen analytical mind with sound business insight, and a strong desire to proactively drive better business decision making through the use of credit analytics to achieve business KPIs.
S&PM is part of a wider Risk and Decision Management Division that is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk and decision management models for UOB's Group Retail Bank, which covers exposures to consumers (Personal Financial Services ("PFS"), retail Small and Medium Enterprises (Business Banking ("BB")), and Private Banking ("PB") customers. Specifically, the division is responsible for Basel II credit models, retail scorecards, marketing models and campaign management, as well as portfolio analytics, management and reporting. The division is also responsible for supporting the Retail Bank's analytics datamart and related systems. The division's mission is to drive decision making based on value analytics throughout the customer value chain.
Reporting to the Head of Unsecured Portfolio Management your focus will be to support the PFS segment in acquisition, portfolio risk management and optimization, test and learn strategies, credit model usage, as well as decision management analytics for product / program development and portfolio / customer management.
- Work with Business managers to optimize and monetize customer value through portfolio analysis, provide MIS support and the use of decision/statistical models.
- Develop predictive models /analytics across the customer lifecycle, customer segmentation, acquisition, activation, relationship management, cross selling and retention.
- Optimize underwriting (credit policies) and customer/portfolio management risk policies through use of analytics and champion challenger strategies. Ensure risk/return profile is optimized and within the banks risk appetite.
- Generate, automate, analyze and monitor portfolio risk reports. Understand key requirements for new reports from a regulatory / non regulatory stand point, work towards generation and automation of reports.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc credit risk analysis and advisory to business managers, senior management, regulators and key stakeholders.
- Utilize the use of scorecard and Basel II models in customer acquisition, portfolio management, collections and other areas of the credit cycle. Liaise with business managers, credit approval, collections and other stakeholders to obtain feedback on model performance and perform score cutoff reviews to refine policies.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative programme, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Finance and Economics degree with quantitative focus. Experience in predictive modelling, knowledge of advanced analytical techniques a big plus
- 4-5 years of experience in lending space either in products, risk management, finance, decision science in a retail banking environment.
- Strong computing skills: SAS, Enterprise Minor and R is a must, experience in Spark/Python will be highly preferred.
- Analytical mind with sound business insight, good communication skills (verbal and written), detail oriented, quick learner and self-motivated. Ability to collaborate with other business partners and stakeholders to address key business challenges and opportunities and able to articulate solutions.
- Proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision. Proven track record in driving business performance