Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Risk and Governance Section
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities RGS - Planning Position: AVP (with ESG experience) Job Description/ Responsibilities
The Risk & Governance Section ( RGS
) is principally responsible for enterprise risk management. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that risk management policies and practices instituted in Mizuho SG are consistent with industry best practices, and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and strategic imperatives of Mizuho.
- Providing support to senior management on matters pertaining to general governance, conduct and culture.
Towards meeting these objectives, the overall function of the Section can largely be categorised as follows:
- Planning - responsible for overall planning, risk methodologies, management of emerging risks (e.g. ESG) and projects (e.g. LIBOR discontinuation)
- Risk Monitoring & Reporting - responsible for reporting risks directly managed by RSG; and reviewing risk reports from other departments/ sections in the Bank.
The Role The role sits in the Planning function of the Section.
Key responsibilities include supporting and assisting the Section Head and Team Lead in the following:
- Design and implement enterprise risk management frameworks/ policies/ strategies in Mizuho SG office - which entails the running of projects, taskforces, working groups, and the likes, where applicable
- Coordinate all risk management functions in Mizuho SG office to achieve more holistic outcomes and optimize resources. This includes the running of the Risk Management Committee/ Roundtable.
- Identify emerging risks (e.g. ESG) and implement mitigation strategies.
- Liaise with Head Office, MAS and any other relevant authorities on risks managed by the Section.
- Work in partnership with the other offices in the AO region to share best practice and provide support in respect of enterprise risk management where necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of ESG-related laws and regulations, and industry practices. Additionally, good knowledge on banking-related laws and regulations will be advantageous.
- Risk management experience including acquaintance with risk management governance and controls.
- Planning and organisational skills. Prior project management experience will be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage at multiple levels.
- Team player while also able to work independently.
- Mental agility with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and able to think outside the box.