Assistant Vice President, Real Estate Special Situations Investment
- 100K - 150K
- Permanent, Full time
- Redpath Partners Hong Kong
- 15 Nov 18
The team takes a solution oriented and thematic investment approach, often partnering with best-in-class operating companies and managers in executing and scaling its various investment strategies. The team complements and works alongside each of the real estate country teams across Asia with the overall objective of helping drive the Asia investment strategy.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team in Singapore as an Assistant Vice President. This individual will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team construct and gain exposure to a wide variety of investments, new asset classes and external counterparties in multiple countries across Asia. As an integral part of a small team, this individual will be given as much responsibility as he/she can handle.
- Independently develop and maintain financial models for various types of investment structures.
- Assist in analyzing, structuring, negotiating, recommending, and when approved, closing new deals (including working on market research, due diligence and legal documentation). Play a significant role in preparing investment papers for RE Investment Committee’s consumption.
- Assist in formulating, researching and preparing papers / presentation decks for new investment ideas and themes.
- Support senior colleagues in managing investments within an assigned portfolio. Monitor the performance of these portfolio investments against the market, budget and business plans, with the objective of ensuring that investment performance targets are achieved.
- Assist the team in conducting portfolio level risk and performance analysis, and creating periodic reports and annual strategy presentations.
- Be an integral part of the team’s continuous business development and relationship management efforts.
- Good academic qualifications with at least 4 ‐ 8 years of relevant working experience in a banking, investment and/or asset management role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Be proficient in being able to prepare detailed investment memos and strategy presentation decks).
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to be creative and think out-of-the-box in unpacking complex situations, evaluating new niche sectors and developing new investment ideas.
- Ability to effectively multi-task across a wide range of projects and deliverables.
- Be willing to travel across Asia.
- Languages (spoken or written in Asia) other than English is advantageous, but not necessary.