Asia & Oceania Treasury Department - Research
Overview of Division/Department
Based out of Singapore, Mizuho Bank's Asia & Oceania Treasury Department (AOTD) oversees FX & Derivatives Sales, Trading, ALM and Macroeconomic/Market Research for Asia (outside of Japan and Greater China). The Research team covers pan-Asia research in the context of global market environment and are tasked with supporting the sales and trading activity with research inputs both within the Treasury and to customers. In addition, the Research team also works with the Bank's relationship managers and product specialists to engage customers with unbiased economic/market views as well as inputs for internal decision-making. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities Your key roles & responsibilities include:
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Publishing macroeconomic research, incorporating FX and interest rate views, where applicable, across periodical publications and event- and theme-driven ad-hoc analysis.
- Provide macroeconomic, FX and interest rate forecasts for internal and external clients.
- Present economic and market views at seminars and/or client meetings.
- Travel regionally as required for client meetings and seminars.
- Help build databases and other back-end research functions as required.
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"
- Preferably a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics or Finance with a knack for translating theoretical concepts into practical application.
- Possess 3 to 7 years' experience working as an Economist/FX Strategist/Macro Strategist with a drive for top flight economic/market analysis.
- Self-motivation to work independently to publish timely research and/or respond to ad-hoc and bespoke research requests as well as work collaboratively to co-publish.
- Strong spreadsheet and analysis to make sense and infer from economic/market data.
- Willingness to travel in the region from time to time on client calls.