Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Compliance Programs & Procedures
Assist in planning and executing the Bank's Compliance programs, namely:
- Compliance Action Program
- Information Control Action Program
Each program comprises of compliance checks and training (mainly eClass).
- Testing of controls as may be required under the General Compliance and Information Control framework.
- Provide general guidance to internal stakeholders on matters/ issues relating to the Compliance programs or procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to Management and Head Office, as may be required.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) tailor our Compliance programs and procedures to align with new developments.
Compliance Review & Testing
- Support the Team Lead in planning of Compliance reviews and checks as part of the Compliance Action Program. Responsible for the execution of planned and ad-hoc compliance reviews and checks in a timely manner.
- Assist in identifying areas of weakness where compliance should be prioritized, and advise and provide recommendations and guidance to stakeholders so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Ensure prompt escalation of issues and concerns to Team Lead and Section Head in an appropriate manner.
- Undertake, participate and/or collaborate with respective teams in the Compliance section in ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Keep updated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations, and (where applicable) advise relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- (Where applicable) Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum or any other committees, taskforces, working groups, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Participate in ad-hoc Bank initiatives or focus groups, as representative of the Compliance Section as may be appropriate.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. One MIZUHO: Building the future with you.
- Degree in relevant field
- At least 4 years of relevant banking Compliance experience