Assistant VP, Splunk Engineer and Developer, Group Information Security
Posting Date: 03-Apr-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
We are looking for a Splunk Engineer / Developer for the design, plan, installation, maintenance, configuration of Splunk distributed/cluster deployment, and integration with infrastructure tools, security devices and application software. This person will specifically drive collaboration with peers to manage efforts with our Splunk solutions.
- Manage and maintain all Splunk components (search heads, indexers, forwarders)
- Manage data ingestion from different sources (data inputs, indexes, sourcetypes)
- Create Splunk contents (dashboard, reports, alerts, etc) for new use cases
- Manage Splunk access and permissions (users, roles, authentications)
- Fine tuning of existing searches for better performance
- Upgrade and installation of Splunk application (custom apps, splunk-base apps)
- View Splunk logs for troubleshooting - must be well versed with Splunk SPL, Linux commands and python scripting
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Reproduce issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to vendor, and provide necessary documentation
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 3 years of relevent and hands-on experience in Splunk maintenance / development
- Must have knowledge/overview in security tools (data leak prevention, intrusion detection systems, file integrity, fraud detection, SIEM)
- Demonstrated time management skills, strong work ethic, attention to detail, able to multitask and have strong communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Have Unix/Linux administration experience is a plus
- Hands-on development experience in Big Data technologies is a plus
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.