Assistant VP, Developer (API & Interfaces), Microservices & Continuous Delivery, Group Technology
Posting Date: 14-Jul-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Work with a team of subject matter experts' business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Manage delivery of initiatives - projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutioning, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Lead / manage multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
- Serve as domain architect to implement Enterprise Web API and Integration Service Governance and Data Modelling for the Bank with full capability /accountability for architecture deliverables (process, information, technology etc.) from concept to implementation
- Own and lead architecture definition and road map in Web API, Enterprise Integration and Service Architecture, preferably in the Banking domain
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering
- Excellent expertise in the following technologies:
- Axway API Manager, API Gateway
- Security (SSL, JWT, JKS, OAuth, SAML, Threat Protection, Cryptography, WS-Security)
- Mashups for all types of interactions (Stateless, Session-Based or Persistent State).
- Middleware (Web Proxy, MQ, Connect Direct)
- Application (Spring, Camel, JBoss application server)
- Infrastructure (Linux, databases)
- Good experience in Integration Architecture and Service Lifecycle, covering Service Definition, Service Implementation and Testing, Service Publication, Service Consumption and Operational Metrics
- Hands-on experience working with LUW (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel) platforms; knowledge with AS400 stack is a plus.
- Experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies e.g. Aldon, Bitbucket, Jenkins
- Experience in managing vendor project implementations
- Extensive exposure with project SDLC methodology - initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation on open system
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.