Assistant VP, Business Compliance - Retail, Group Retail
Posting Date: 13-Jan-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. Business Compliance Officer - AML Advisory
Business Compliance, as the first line of defence is the regulatory conduit between Group Retail Businesses and Group Compliance, covering major regulatory aspects pertaining Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Advisory. The team renders subject matter advice to our business partners and performs regular review and testing/validation controls to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and internal guidelines. In addition, the team undertakes an active approach in mitigating regulatory risks and safeguarding the Bank's reputation. Job Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day advisory to business units for customer on-boarding and retention of customer relationships
- Identify regulatory risk and on AML/CFT requirements to assess impact on business segments
- Assist business units to operationalize and develop processes and controls to manage risks
- Review new business initiatives for compliance to AML/CFT governance requirements
- Conduct investigation into suspected ML/TF activities
- Review audit findings from internal & external reviews to assess adequacy of controls and facilitate formulation of corrective actions.
- Participate in strategic AML projects and initiatives to advise on AML controls
- Facilitate the gathering and provision of data/information to Management oversight
- Conduct Compliance Training to raise staff awareness on AML/CFT controls, trends and typologies
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related fields
- Working knowledge of MAS 626 Regulations and Guidelines
- Relevant 5-8 years of experience in conducting KYC due diligence on SMEs and Individuals
- ACAMs certification and prior experience in AML system and process design is preferred
- Resourceful, meticulous, analytical with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of applications.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.