Assistant Manager, Trade Middle Office - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 17 2017-09-27
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager, Trade Middle Office.
In this role, you will
- You will perform day to day Import and Export operations and be responsible for the maintenance of optimal use of resources and achieve customer satisfaction while minimizing the occurrence of operational risks
- Accurately check and process Commodity, Back to Back, Transfer Letter of Credit documents within turnaround time
- Strong technical trade knowledge and familiar with UCP600, ISBP, ISP 98, URC522, URR 525
- Attend to customer enquiries on trade documentation issues
- Participate in client meetings and provide presentations as and when is required
- Provide technical trade advice and solutions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Ensure adherence to Sanctions compliance, Anti Money Laundering and any local regulations
- Contribute to creation of a high performance culture and engaged team through effective collaboration
- Participate in ongoing identification of process improvement initiatives, User acceptance testing for system enhancement and implementation related to trade finance operations
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Significant experience in trade with extensive knowledge of UCP, ISP, ISBP, URR, Incoterm and other trade rules and guidelines
- Professional qualification in Certified Documentary Credit Specialist will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assist in supervision of junior team members
- Capable of working effectively under pressure and tight deadline
- Strong team player, systematic, analytical and meticulous,
- Good command of written and spoken English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009TRI
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited