Assistant Manager, KYC
- Permanent, Full time
- Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch is one of the 5 branches making up Nordea’s International Unit. The branch supports the Nordic business and the shipping and offshore industry in Asia.
The position we offer
Know your Customer is part of the bank’s Customer Due Diligence team which performs the activities for Periodic reviews, prevention of financial crime. The position is challenging and will include securing high quality in customer due diligence, evaluating complex customer cases, helping the front line (relationship managers) to understand and steer clear of financial crime risk.
The role will include to perform enhanced due diligence, interaction with both internal and external audit, along with participation in bank wide projects, representing Singapore. This will allow you to interact and inspire your colleagues, where you can work closely with customer front line and various units globally.
Business areas include:
- Ship financing
- Corporate and institutional banking
- Trade finance
- Cash management
- Capital markets
You will manage a team of 2 to 3 team members who are focusing on either:
- New account opening
- Periodic, trigger and remediation activities
- Batch alert screening and monitoring of customer
• Checker for the cases completed by the team members, and where necessary escalate to Group Due Diligence departments
• Act as the point of escalation for high AML risk cases
• Ensure standardization and consistency of screening amongst team members
• Conduct sampling checks on the quality of CDD and screening performed by the KYC case maker and IBG KYC screener respectively
• Interpret and implement group CDD policies and ensure consistency across various business units
• Conduct trainings for the business unit teams where necessary
• Develop and carry out monitoring and testing processes on the CDD frameworks
• Identify gaps in CDD policies and processes and share findings with stakeholders
• Proactively monitor the productivity of the team members
• Carry out market intelligence to measure AML risk in the CDD context
The qualifications you need
You have 5 to 7 years of AML/KYC experience dealing with corporate customers.
We also expect you to have:
- Bachelor degree
- Strong risk and control mindset
- People-oriented with interpersonal skills, to manage the diversity of the team members and to coach them for improved performance
- Meticulous in picking up errors in case screenings
- Able to multi-task and have positive attitude to motivate the team members towards meeting the target sets.
- Comprehensive understanding of Singapore AML and Sanctions regimes, Singapore regulatory environment, AML and CTF risks
- Practical understanding of implementing policies, practices and processes
- Able to build strong and professional rapport with key business, regulatory and Compliance/AML stakeholders
- Sound judgement and the ability to prioritise key deliverables
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
Interested applicants, please APPLY below as soon as possible.