Our client is an international leading Alternative Investments fund administration company. They are currently searching for a technically strong Private Equity Fund Accounting professional with good client servicing skills to take on an Assistant Manager position.
- Main point of contact on a day-to-day basis for operational matters and critical issues that need to be addressed before work gets disseminated to the other team members
- Review financial statements, management accounts and accounting packages
- Review consolidation workings
- Draft disclosure wordings for IFRS/US GAAP accounting conventions
- Review Capital Account Statements and Net Asset Values
- Understand and explain Fund documents like Subscription documents, partnership agreements, and shareholder agreements to team members
- Review capital call and distribution notices
- Prepare/Review waterfall and equalization workings
- Coordinate and deal with Fund investors on meeting investor’s specific reporting requirements
- Review investor requests
- Oversee junior team members in their daily cash management/payment responsibilities
- Review and authorize Fund entities' payments
- Be involved in all aspects of new client onboarding including coordination of opening of new bank accounts, dealing with lawyers, understanding legal documents, conducting investor and Fund KYC and supervising the data migration process for existing Fund take on
- Deal with team issues like leave, sickness and other issues on a daily basis, ensuring team is happy and motivated
- Assess/plann the volume/level of work against timelines and disseminate daily work flow to other team members
- Conduct formal staff evaluations on a half yearly and annual basis
- Conduct 1st or 2nd interviews for Associates/Senior Associates
- Provide formal/informal training to team on both accounting and private equity/industry aspects
- Undertake general administration and other special projects as assigned
- Degree in accountancy (CPA/ACCA/ACA ) or finance or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of Singapore FRS/IFRS and US GAAP.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Private Equity Fund Accounting with another Fund Administrator, Fund Manager or Big 4, part of which must have been in management or supervisory capacity
- Solid understanding of operational functions including Fund Structures, Fund Accounting, Equalisations, Calls/Distributions and Waterfall models
- Demonstrate computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software
- Strong working knowledge of EXCEL and MS Word.