- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Dec 17
Assistant Manager, Fraud Risk Management
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Job Description: * To ensure that the monitoring controls put in place to mitigate risk for retail banking products is executed. * Review all alerts on the Fraud Detection Systems (Falcon, Memento, Threatmetrix)) to ensure that actions are done to combat fraudulent activity in a time manner.
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant's role ( see JD below):
* To ensure that the monitoring controls put in place to mitigate risk for retail banking products is executed.
* Review all alerts on the Fraud Detection Systems (Falcon, Memento, Threatmetrix)) to ensure that actions are done to combat fraudulent activity in a time manner.
* Review fraudulent credit/debit cases for any possibility of recovery through chargeback rights.
* Investigation of all cases for recommendation of liability.
* Liaise with market peers for information gathering exercise and latest fraud trends.
* Provide investigation for all retail banking fraud cases for further analysis by the unit managers.
* Compilation of statistics on fraud cases for further analysis/ action/ reporting by the unit managers.
* Support Brunei for credit and debit card fraud cases process (as an internal outsourcing arrangement vendor).
* Manage all fraud and authorisation related complaints tactfully and timely and where required to work with Regional Authorisation Centred ("RAC").
* Manage the outsourcing arrangements of the unit.
* Ensure all reportings are perform timely
* Adhoc assignments or projects are requested by unit manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Fraud Detection System - Falcon, Memento, Threatmetrix
- Investigate and contact customers, where required, to confirm and transactions in the in-country queue
- Follow up on cases which have been status as fraud by RAC team
Daily Review of reports
- Excess Payment Report - Review the report to ensure that no money laundering activities are taking place on the credit card accounts
- Fraud Activities & Summary report - Check to ensure no warning or rejection codes from Visa/MasterCard on the fraud accounts submission
- Memo/Tickler Report - Review salesdraft tickler for chargeback opportunities and other block 'R' cases
- Special Account Handling Report - Review and ensure that all blocked accounts have been replaced accordingly
Common Purchase Point
Based on information received from Visa/MasterCard or through market peers, to run program to extract likely compromised accounts. Information to be share with Business and where required to contact customers for re-cardingCreate files for Fraudulent accounts
- Extract required screen prints related to the fraudulent activities
- Fraud reporting to Visa/MasterCard through the CCMS system
- Prepare PCAY entries
- Perform sales slips retrieval
- Prepare summary of fraud case
- Update the memo/tickler system
Fraud Application Sampling Review for suspicious cases
- Excess application from Operation team
- Review information and contact customers for verifications
- Create database
- Blacklist account which are deemed fraudulent
- Liaise with the Commercial Crime Division of the police
- Prepare monthly write-off cases
- Prepare monthly recovery cases
- Prepare monthly fraud trend reports
- Submission of fraud statistics in the EORP system
- Archiving of closed cases
- Compilation of statistics
- Prepare monthly review deck to various review forums
Provide Investigation findings for all cases escalated to the team
- All cases for retail banking
- Prepare a summary of actions/findings
- Ensure adequate governance oversight on unit's outsourced activities, sufficient onboarding and ongoing due diligence of external/internal service providers, effective service level management and unit's compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Submission of documents to CCD for investigation
- Participate in the merchant education programs
- Participate in Audit reviews
- Provide support in the KCSA checks
- Prepare/update DOI