Assistant Manager, Claims
You will be handling insurance claims assessment under the accident and health plans. You will also be given the opportunity to be part of an exciting team with involvement in service excellence initiatives and projects to improve the claims experience. The Job
- Determine policy coverage, establish proof of loss with proper documentation and provide accurate and timely assessment of medical claims within the required service standards and ensure that claims are paid accurately and promptly
- Handle medical report cases and appeals
- Seek clarifications and liaise with medical institutions and policyholders on outstanding requirements
- Deliver excellent service and e nhance customer and d istribution channels relationship management
- Attend to escalated claims enquiries
- Suggest and participate in process improvement projects/ initiatives/ system enhancement, including establish claims best practices
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory and legal matter.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Any other ad-hoc projects assigned by supervisor
- Diploma or Degree or Professional Insurance Certificate with at least 3 years of relevant accident and health claims experience.
- Prior experience in life and PA claims will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills
- Good medical knowledge and ability to explain medical conditions in insurance context
- Customer-centric and meticulous with the ability to work under pressure
- A team player
About Great Eastern Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner. We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us. We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions. Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.