Assistant Manager, Audit Services
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Assistant Manager, Internal Audit with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Audit Services is looking for a self-motivated Assistant Manager, Internal Audit. The candidate is accountable for planning, executing and completing audit projects (including key risk audits, project risk reviews, investigations and other special projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The function provides assurance services to senior management and the board of directors which assist them in discharging their responsibilities for overseeing the management of risk in Manulife. What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
We are looking for someone:
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- Plan and execute various types of audits (including Sarbanes-Oxley Project (aka SOX)) in accordance with the audit methodology, departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the management of risk and internal controls in business. Present findings to and reach agreement with the business unit management; make practical and value-added recommendations to improve control environment and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare audit reports; audit reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Utilize data analytics techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Ensure quality of work completed.
- Execute various types of audits within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to responsible project leads and Directors.
- Assist business unit management by providing consulting advices.
- Follow-up with business unit management regularly on the status/implementation of remediation actions for timely audit issue closure.
- Actively participates in departmental initiatives
On the job you will:
- 5+ years' relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of life insurance and asset management business, audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques
- Asia regional experience is a plus
- A fast learner
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Able to deal with confrontations and resolve conflicts.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Assistant Vice President
- Results oriented; able to strike balance on multiple priorities and projects
- Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations
- Commitment to quality
- Recognized accounting (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) professional designation
- Strong team-player and willing shares ideas and knowledge. Able to collaborate with different team members in a multi-cultural environment.
- Actively seeks feedback from others and incorporates any necessary changes. At the same time, provide clear and timely constructive feedback.
- Challenges the status quo and proactively makes suggestions for continuous improvement.
Our commitment to you
- Effectively communicate with business unit senior management and staff, to present audit findings clearly and concisely, reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues
- Prioritization and time management in a multi-tasking environment
- Need to work overtime to meet internal or external deadlines
- Analyze business processes and controls over a wide diversity of operations across Asia, including in life and asset management business, identify key risks and control deficiencies, and develop practical and value-added recommendations for management implementation exercising sound business judgment
- Establishing a high level of credibility and maintaining sound business relationships with business unit and department management and staff
- Some business travels within Asia region
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .