The Middle Office team sits within the Operations Department. The team supports the front and back office on all operational matters relating to new product / fund launch initiatives and set up new markets and open new accounts with brokers/ counterparties for existing funds. This team also undertakes project manager role in change management projects approved by the management.
Account Services (new & existing accounts)
- Set up new cash accounts, custody markets, and trading accounts requested by front office and ensure proper closure on termination of funds/portfolios
- Perform due diligence and periodic review of brokers/counterparties/service providers as required
- Liaise with legal, compliance, and front office on the documentation required for account opening and works closely with custodians, counterparties and brokers to furnish required on-boarding documentation
- Addresses queries and facilitate requests from brokers/counterparties on KYC, SSI and authorised signatories lists matters
- Primary contact between front and back office on all operational matters relating to new businesses
- Advise business development team on operational processes, constraints, costs and other potential implications associated with the new product/fund/segregated account
- Support investment division by facilitating projects and requirements between front and back office
- Deliver projects within allocation time, resource targets and budget while satisfying the defined scope and quality
- Leverage on resources from different functions to support projects
- Facilitate effective and constant communication with all project stakeholders
- Lead regular conference calls and maintain project plan updates
- Ensure all operational activities are well coordinated and all required service providers are engaged to support the initiation of a new business on a timely basis
- Coordinate responses on funds’ document reviews, RFPs and tenders for the division
- Degree holder with at least 3 years of working experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of investment instruments including derivatives
- Good analytical skills with a process improvement mindset
- Able to provide solutions and deliver results under pressure
- Meticulous individual with strong follow up and multi-task skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
For the contract role, please note that the selected candidate will be given a 6 month - 1 year contract at first instance, with the opportunity to convert to Perm.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.