Asset Management Business Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- Optimum Solutions , EA Licence No: 07C3330
- 15 Feb 19
This is a key Business Analyst role which involves requirement gathering, specification, testing, data extraction, integration projects related to Investment Transaction Processing, specifically Cash Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Derivatives.
- Responsible for creation of Business Analyses for changes and projects on the Trading, Transaction processing and Data management processes and systems.
- Work with Senior BA and other FO/BO application teams to understand their businesses.
- Gather, analyze, extract and document business requirements of projects including use cases, data, function and quality requirements.
- Gather, analyze, extract and document current status of our existing systems.
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the designers/developers and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes, and other work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Functional Testing and Interface testing.
Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent professional qualification) in Computer Science.
5+ year’s relevant experience in Business Analysis.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- 5 years of experience in Asset Management/Investment Banking/Buy side firm in IT with direct experience in front-to-back order, Transaction Processing and reporting.
- Familiarity with one or more asset classes such as Cash Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Money Markets and Derivatives (OTC and ETD) products.
- Understanding of Trade Life Cycle.
- Strong skills in oral communication, listening and questioning as well as in writing business requirements and functional specifications
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- SQL skills for data interrogation and analysis
- A good understanding of data analysis, data mapping and user acceptance testing
- Strong coordination/organizational skills
- Trading System experience in Front to back such as SimCorp, Summit, Murex or Calypso is desirable.
- Understanding of IBOR and ABOR, Back office, Settlement & Clearing, Matching & Reconciliation is desirable.