With the expansion of Assets under Management and the related expansion of international activities in various products and locations, the recruited individual will provide direct tax support to the International Tax Manager based in London and the wider tax team based in New York City.
- Perform tax research for the appropriate tax treatment focusing on Asia tax matters (inbound and outbound).
- Prepare and perform reviews of Asia related tax compliance requirements and provide tax support on audited financial statements, including liaising with internal accounting staff.
- Provide responses to traders’ questions regarding the tax rules and tax requirements of foreign countries
- Assisting in and liaising with external advisors when necessary on FATCA and CRS matters, including registration and compliance, as well as BEPS-related issues
- Assisting in and liaising with external advisors when vetting new jurisdictions for PE risks, TSH provisions, treaty provisions, transfer pricing implications, etc.
- Assist in addressing tax issues related to employees in foreign locations, including expat tax issues, PE risks of traveling employees, etc.
- Assist in foreign tax audits of management companies and funds
- Assisting in and liaising with advisors and accounting team on transfer pricing and CBCR projects
- Monitor and advise the wider tax department on international tax developments
- Miscellaneous foreign tax related projects
- Interaction with various other internal departments including Accounting, Operations, Legal and HR
- 10+ years of international tax experience from either a Big 4, preferably with Hedge Fund and/or Private Equity experience in international tax research and international tax compliance, or the tax department of an international Hedge Fund or Private Equity Fund.
- Education: Degree in accounting or tax law required
- Relevant recognized qualification (ACA, CPA, or equivalent) preferred
- Superb research skills
- Team player
- Experience with Tax Treaty analysis
- Self Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency with web applications and MS Office
- Ability to multi-task as well as meet short deadlines in a demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented; demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
Who We Are
Millennium Management is a global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $51 billion in assets as of April, 2021. Millennium has more than 3,600 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Over the last 30+ years, our mission has remained constant: to deliver the alternative investment industry’s highest quality returns to our investors, and to maintain a commitment to our principles of integrity, discipline and excellence.
What We Do
We employ a global, multi-strategy investment approach, opportunistically engaging in a broad array of trading and investing strategies across a wide group of diversified managers.
Our specialized divisions have built and continually evolve our core infrastructure platform. This enables our trading teams to pursue their unique investment strategies independently, while operating within one centrally-driven risk and operational framework.
Millennium has differentiated itself from other alternative investment management firms through our consistent ability to generate high quality returns for our investors. Millennium’s unique framework has created what we believe to be a sustainable and scalable organization aligned in partnership with our investors. Our dedication to our mission has defined Millennium as an industry leader over our 30+ year history.
Our firm harnesses the entrepreneurial drive of our people, and we strive to employ among the best in the industry. We offer an opportunity for developing one’s career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment.