Asia Fixed Income COO Team – Vice President/ Executive Director
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products, Securitized Products, Municipal Securities and Commodity Products. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets.
Reporting to the Asia Fixed Income COO and working with Product COOs to help the Asia Fixed Income business achieve its strategy, goals and priorities with focus on Singapore issues. This will involve developing and executing specific business strategies and optimizing scarce resources such as risk limits, balance sheet risk weighted assets and expenses. The role requires extensive involvement with the numerous and assorted requests from regulators, divisional and firm management. The COO function partners with key support areas to act as an enabler for the businesses in a complex and changing regulatory landscape.
• A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline from a recognized university
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• The ability to be credible and interact with senior business and support function members as well as leading virtual teams
• In depth experience of front office to back office trade flows
• Understanding of Asian regulatory landscape
• Ability to manipulate and analyze assorted data to generate new insights to problems
• Professional qualifications such as ACA or CFA
• Fixed Income COO experience (4-6 years)
• Front office (trading/sales) experience
• Involvement with Talent, Culture or Diversity working groups