Asia Client Account Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has over $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With over 40 years of global investment experience, MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. MSIM offers its clients the personalized attention and service of a boutique, the intelligence and creativity of some of the brightest professionals in the industry and the global resources of Morgan Stanley. We show unwavering commitment to investment excellence, diversity of perspective, and differentiated values. We have distinctive and highly complementary strengths in investment management and distribution. Team Profile
The Client Relationship Management (CRM) team is positioned within the distribution (sales and marketing) division and has a global presence with individuals based in New York, Boston, London, Dublin, Singapore, Beijing, Melbourne and Mumbai. The CRM function is central to MSIM’s client service model and acts as a conduit between our clients and MSIM’s internal functional areas. We partner closely with colleagues in the investment and sales teams to ensure seamless, quality of service to our clients and provide governance and oversight for the implementation of all client requirements and related controls, including the onboarding of new accounts.
The position is Singapore based and would be focused on servicing clients in Asia ex-Japan, primarily in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, reporting to the senior client account manager in the region who is also Singapore based. Key area of responsibly include:
- All aspects of servicing of client relationships including due diligence meetings, portfolio review meetings and handling daily questions and queries.
- Ownership for driving global best practice across the client service organization.
- Ownership for client matters ensuring effective cross-functional coordination, enhancing execution and problem resolution.
- Facilitate client AML and KYC reviews, working closely with internal compliance and GFC teams.
- Responsible for facilitation of client events, such as take-on and termination. This requires close cooperation with all the relevant teams including investments, legal, compliance and the transitions team within operations.
- Ownership to ensure that any regulatory changes impacting the service model and requirements of clients are known and assessed in advance.