Architect Lead, Infrastructure - Network
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Infrastructure Architect with focus on Network architecture but also able to provide skills across other infrastructure domains.
Key responsibilities include;
- Develop Network solution patterns for on premise and cloud infrastructure Products and Services on delivering security, availability and recovery capabilities to support varying service criticalities.
- Provide technical guidance on networking solutions, technology roadmaps, and product plans.
- Manage technical network solutions and frameworks.
- Perform network planning, modelling, and analysis
- Analyse of non-functional and functional requirements to support the development of technology solutions.
- Design and architect components, integrated components, patterns and services for consumption of both application and infrastructure teams, ensuring the delivery of resilience, security, governance, risk and compliance.
- Set the Technology Standards within the bank with the focus to meet Technology Principle and Strategy
- Provide strategic guidance for IT Product and Services with a view across multiple technology domains
- Consider and address the up and down stream impact of IT Products and Service on various systems, Interfaces, Data flows
- Align all IT Products and Services to defined architecture strategy, principles and customer demand.
- Collaboration and influence key senior stakeholders and engineering teams across the domain
- Partner in the Investment planning process to highlight strategic, discretionary and obsolescence budget required for the domain
- Collaborate with project management, all TS Domains and IT development teams
- Analyse technical and business requirements to drive the correct Infrastructure Solutions
- Evaluate vendor products for suitability of use within SCB
- Provide estimation for infrastructure re-factor, re-platform and new solutions for projects
- Provide consultation on large scale projects and strategic infrastructure deliveries.
Compliance & Regulatory Engagement
- Develop Technology Architecture Strategy & Roadmap for the IT Products and Service domains by engaging a partnering with Technology Product/Service Owners
- Assist in the development of the IT Products and Services roadmap ensuring compatibility with the various Product strategies defined within the different domains
- Create strategies for leveraging new and upcoming technologies focusing on Technology Principles, Customer demand and requirements.
- Take part in the technology selection representing the Architecture and Technology Principles
- Keep up to date on the latest trends and technology solutions.
- Support compliance conversations for Infrastructure IT Products and Services
- Work with regulators and external assessors on RFI's on Domain Infrastructure Products and Services.
- Demonstrate know how of global, regional and local regulations with regards to the Domain Infrastructure Solutions.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Define procedures and processes to ensure the delivery of Architecture and Engineering requirements for IT Products and Services.
- Manage and actively participate in Architecture communities and Technology councils within the Domains
- Actively contribute to the creation and maintenance of Technical Standard • Review and understand the larger Information & Cyber Security Standard set and the implications they have on Infrastructure design and architecture.
- Ensure that adherence to the principles established in the enterprise architecture, governance, policies, standards and patterns.
- Identify and highlight the risks of Technology Debts, Technology obsolescence to the management to enable them in planning for necessary risk acceptance or investments
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Technical requirements:
- Domain Chief Architects, Enterprise Technology
- Head, IT Network Services
- CIO Technology Strategy & aXess
- ET Leadership Team
- T&I Leadership Team
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Network Solution Design and Requirements Gathering
- 5+ years hands on experience Network or System Administration (RHEL/Windows)
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Hands-on experience with Security specifically focused on Network Security
- Hands-on experience with Network Monitoring and Performance validation Solutions
- Hands-on experience with Network load balancing, Content delivery services, DNS, DHCP and IPAM
- Knowledge and Understanding of Database Solutions (e.g.: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Graph DB)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Distributed Systems (e.g.: Microservices, High availability, Resilience and Scalability)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Integration and Messaging Services (e.g.: API Design Principles. Open API, Kafka)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and Software Defined Networks
- Knowledge and Understanding of Hashicorp Opensource tools, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Exposure to Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, or other schedulers
- Ability to manage priorities independently, re-prioritizing work to effectively deliver results to both business stakeholders and technical staff in collaboration-oriented environment
- Mindset of continuous learning and innovation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.