Architect Lead, IT Resilience
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Architecting SCB on premise and cloud infrastructure products and services with a focus on resilience.
- Influencing stakeholders to provide value to Business Users and meet hosted applications and services obligations and meeting go-live and release deadlines.
- Mapping complex interdependencies of business requirements to solution building blocks using architectural best practices and leaving behind standards and robust processes.
- Be a proponent of Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Delivering foundational resilience design patterns whilst designing for all elements of security, governance, risk and compliance of Technology Services infrastructure.
- Understand Standard Chartered Bank IT Operations, Software Development, Release Management, Business Continuity policies, processes and methodologies.
- Bridge the gap between stakeholders in SCB Lines of Businesses, from C-suite to Application Developers level.
- Communicate technical concepts in clear and established terms using appropriate channels, off-line and on-line collaboration methodologies
- Identify and propose new TS Infrastructure Service capabilities that are relevant to enable TS Strategy.
- Be able to comprehend and map complicated interdependencies between application dependencies and infrastructure components.
- Be able to think laterally across multiple technology types and define patterns of usage
- Work closely with TS Architecture & Engineering, Network and Platform Engineering, Database Engineering, Web Engineering and Middleware Engineering teams and close gaps in value chain between component of IT solution and business user.
- Engage effectively with external partners, vendors and open source foundations.
- Lead the development of resilience planning and standards creation
- Lead incubation and development of components & solutions for Technical Services Infrastructure
- Lead continuous improvement based on existing TS Infrastructure execution and ongoing operation governance to ensure performance, security and enable business results.
- Combine conceptual thinking and hands-on support for prototyping, PoC work, delivering examples.
- Translate logical architectures (based on both vendor and open source products) to technical architectures.
- Drive adoption and value realization leveraging Cloud Infrastructure Services platform and digital capabilities.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance', capability to challenge fellow executives effectively
- Drive compliance with Group policies standards, and local regulatory requirements
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Chief Architect, Technology Services
- Head, IT Resilience
- CIO Technology Strategy & aXess
- TS Leadership Team
- T&I Leadership Team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science and/or similar field an advantage
- Amazon Certified Solution Architect Professional level/Google Certified Cloud Architect level or similar experience and advantage
Knowledge of the following areas would be an advantage:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Solution Design, Requirements Gathering
- 5+ years hands on experience RHEL/Windows/Network administration
- Hands-on experience in bash scripting, distributed Linux based systems design and delivery
- Hands-on Continuous Integration experience using Jenkins Pipelines, Git
- Hands-on experience of RESTful and/or web services deployment, including A/B testing
- Hands-on experience in one of the following web application development technology: Java/Python/NodeJS
- Hands-on experience of Hashicorp OpenSource tools, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Exposure to and proof of hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, or other schedulers
- Exposure to and proof of hands-on experience in Infrastructure as Code deployments
- Togaf 8/9
- COBIT 5
- Proven track of large-scale solution design in cloud infrastructure
- Proven track of test-driven software development in web applications
- Cisco ACI
- NGX networking
- Terraform Enterprise
- Track of annually renewed PMI Continuous Certification Requirements (AGILLE/KANBAN/SCRUM)
- Ability to manage priorities independently, re-prioritizing work to effectively deliver results to both business stakeholders and technical staff in collaboration-oriented environment
- Mindset of continuous learning and innovation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.