Architect - Microsoft Azure
Role: Architect – Microsoft Azure Geographical Coverage: ASEAN Base Location: Singapore Summary of Role
The role will be responsible for leading the practice's ambitious growth initiative with one of our most strategic cloud partners, Microsoft. This opportunity is scoped for high performing, high potential subject matter experts who are self-directed, entrepreneurial, highly collaborative, organized, diligent, and thoughtful. The role requires a domain expertise in Microsoft Azure combined with the ability to task-organize, focus on the details, and sustain and drive progress over time.
The role offers an opportunity to contribute to rapid revenue growth in one of the most exciting and dynamic segments of the market. This is an ideal opportunity for technologists seeking cross vertical and/or cross industry expertise. Among other career-enhancing considerations, the role provides opportunities to directly and indirectly manage teams. The role will be part of the Cognizant Artificial Intelligence & Analytics (AI&A) business and is a key hiring as part of our Cloud initiatives. Responsibilities
- Lead joint solution/offering architecture discussions with partner architects/stakeholders and support development
- RFPs: Manage the solution architecture and proposal defense for reactive and proactive proposals responses for data platforms and solutions on Microsoft Azure - Turnkey Proposals: Drive turnkey proposals for data platforms, analytics, built cost summaries, value propositions as part of cloud modernization, data portfolio rationalization
Skills & Experience
- Provide leadership for the transformation of customer requirements into visions, strategies, and roadmaps to implement data platforms, multi-cloud, cloud data warehouse
- Independently lead client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations
- Contribute to the Cognizant cloud community by developing assets, thought leadership, etc.
- Preferred cloud competencies:
- Certified Solution Architect on Microsoft Azure
- Aware of PaaS services relating to Data, Analytics and end-point API interfaces - EMR/Dataproc/Databricks etc.
- Able to compare and contrast between best of technologies by layer – e.g, stream processing, messaging, search, etc.
- High-level awareness of other partner technologies, which are alternative to native services like Snowflake, Cloudera, Talend, Informatica, Confluent, etc
- Holistic knowledge of solution architecture, including:
- Data layers and purpose
- Serverless compute
- Processing run time – ETL vs Spark run time, etc.
- Security controls around authentication, authorizations, encryption and certificates
- Recommend the migration tools and design data migration strategy
- Metadata and data catalogs
- Successfully built and defended solution architecture with different levels of technical stakeholders – enterprise architects, tech leads, etc.
- Ability to compare and contrast across technologies in any layer objectively with evaluation criteria and considerations
- Excellent communication skills, preparing PowerPoint presentations, executive readouts