- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
ArchitectAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Role and Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Application Reference Framework (SCARF) is an innovative approach towards maximizing the technology investments. It provides a fully functioning suite of reusable components comprising of functional utilities, services and datasets which could be called on, by other applications with minimal or zero development effort. It brings a refreshing change for the development community to be more productive through an open source culture.
SCARF Architect role is primarily that of a thought leader responsible for driving engineering and architectural progress on SCARF Framework. The role is multi-faceted covering a broad spectrum of engineering and architectural responsibilities including elements of strategy, R&D, culture, education, communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Ownership for defining key elements of the SCARF Framework
- Driving the culture of Engineering Excellence within SCARF community
- Active engagement in and awareness of industry developments, trends, products, and events
- Leading POCs and experiments related to new engineering processes and tools
- Ensuring the SCARF Architecture enables the effective delivery of the business strategy
- Driving SCARF Engineering culture and practice to enable fast and agile delivery of business value
- Automation of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Active lead and participant to the SCARF Design council, Hackathons and developing SCARF community
- Coaching and mentoring individuals and teams on strategic engineering topics
- Leading engineering training programmes and initiatives across for SCARF community
- Creating frequent opportunities for people to connect and collaborate across SCARF community
- Leading digital influencer via the Bridge and other internal electronic collaboration tools
- Assessing SCARF engineering processes to detect and remediate risk and control issues
- Leading the adoption of reliable, repeatable, and well controlled automated engineering processes
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong Technical background having experience in Microservices ,containers, API, Cloud ,Devops
- Technical Architecture experience relevant to any of the banking domains
- Structured decision making and Superior problem solving skills
- Strong Architecture and Engineering experience with delivery focus on onboarding new technology and increasing adoption
- Very knowledgeable in Agile practices, industry standards, open-source, emerging trend
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.