Apps Development Group Manager
The Applications Development Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Integrate in-depth knowledge of applications development with overall technology function to achieve established goals
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in applications development
- Experience in management
- Experience managing global technology teams
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
APAC TTS Technology group that supports Cash management and Trade business across Asia markets is seeking an experienced and accomplished individual to lead the development team responsible for rolling out cross border payments on Citi's strategic payments platform.
The development team is responsible for managing all aspects of working with business stakeholders to come up with solutions on the requirements, software development, managing the core product vendor on the priorities, and for the digital implementation of projects from inception through deployment. The ideal candidate will have hands-on development experience managing complex, cross-functional projects as well as the ability to lead a team. Individual will require minimal supervision in a fast-paced and evolving environment and be able to clearly work with senior stakeholders on providing solutions to complex problems in the cross border strategic product suite.
The individual should have a strong track record of cultivating business relationships along with managing multiple stakeholders. As we continue to evolve through innovation and sophistication in technology, the individual should have the ability to manage changes, and drive for continuous improvement. Job Scope:
- Providing solutions on the cross border strategic platform to the APAC business working closely with the global and regional technology and business teams.
- Business alignment - close partnership with TTS APAC business and operations to ensure the technology priorities are fully aligned with business strategy (short & long term).
- Management of the project portfolio that in addition to delivery requires strong management of stakeholder requirements and prioritization, financial planning and portfolio scope and resource management.
- Continuous quality improvements - drive continuous improvements in both software development quality and software run-time quality by adopting industry best practices.
- YoY efficiency & productivity improvements - manage budget/cost, forecast/spent accurately with transparency. Drive YoY efficiency and productivity by vendor rationalization, resource & location strategy, in/out-sourcing (as and when appropriate).
- Talent management - build, maintain, motivate and elevate large multi-culture, cross-location teams.
- Risk management - manage technology risks (e.g. IT security) to minimize the risks introduced by the technology stack used by the application.
- Ensure that the technology stack continues maturing on both development and operational standards.
- Effectively identify, track and resolve or escalate risks before they become issues.
- Responsible for Project artifacts, commercials, Contract proposals, negotiations and approvals.
- Collaboration with various partner systems and development/testing teams, including but not limited to front-end channels, integration systems, core banking/data warehouse apps.
- Candidate needs to demonstrate ability to define, evolve, mature and apply processes, methodologies, and tools in the delivery of complex cross-functional technology initiatives.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, negotiation, stakeholder, project and people management skills are required as well as direct experience in managing teams in a large matrix global organization, must be able to promote teamwork within/across groups.
- In addition, the successful candidate should have highly effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and management skills.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .