Application Support Engineer
Markit Securities Finance (MSF) - Regulatory product provides a full front-to-back Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR) solution to support the industry in meeting their reporting obligations. Our SFTR client base covers almost all the tier 1 and tier 2 names in the securities finance industry and is split across a healthy mix of market participants. Our offering provides clients the flexibility to design their solution on our modular approach. Position summary
We are seeking an experienced, technically strong TechOps Engineer to join a global team that delivers specialized technical support of major product deliverables and availability of our SFTR solutions. This role focuses on continuously improving support processes through collaboration centralizing on proactive, technical and innovative engagements across business stakeholders, operations and development teams. Duties & accountabilities
Education and experience
- Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Immerse in the business domain, identify and implement innovative solutions and technologies that enhance system and application monitoring
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills valuable for managing service incidents and working collaboratively with other teams
- Implement and monitor system alerts for early detection and mitigation of potential service incidents
- Involve and contribute solutions that address system and application vulnerabilities
- Constantly coordinate with product and development teams to ensure support readiness of new releases and enhancements
- Work on tooling, solutions and automation of operational support functions
- University Graduate with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering related degree
- Extensive experience in an Application Support role
- Experience working on AWS cloud technologies (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Dynamo DB, Step Functions, EC2, Fargate etc.)
- Must be knowledgeable in SDLC and experience in raising development bugs - including priority assessment, high quality analysis, and detailed investigation
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of Oracle, SQL and RDBMS - including stored procs, complex joins, database query plan analysis and monitoring
- Broad knowledge of server administration across different operating systems such as Linux and Windows technologies. Good shell scripting experience is a must. Ability to use python scripting is an advantage
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Splunk and Centreon
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
- Good understanding of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Excellent understanding of software systems and technology
- Good understanding of software support team functions and a solid understanding of the end to end application development process.
- A strong desire to keep up with all of the latest developments in related technologies
- Confident individual who can represent the team at various levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out business impact analysis and prioritize tasks according to severity and importance
- Must be a strong communicator both written and verbally in English
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly languages
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently as well as contribute to the team's requirements
- Be able to work flexible shift hours including weekends to meet work requirements and project deadlines
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.