Application Support, Credit Risk - AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The candidate will be part of Application Support team within Global Markets. The role is located in our Singapore office and offers close proximity to development and QA teams for the same set of applications. The culture of the organization is transitioning to a Dev/ops model a key success factor of the role will be to reduce the manual operate activities (Toil) and risk thereby increasing efficiency and reliability of the services provided. Responsibilities include:
Your future colleagues
- Maintain the Credit Risk systems in APAC.
- Crisis/Incident Management, reporting with appropriate urgency. Ensuring team follow the prescribed incident & problem management process
- Seek to ensure that the team's Service-Level Agreements for issue resolution and remediation are adhered to.
- Field support queries from users (front office, external clients and internal operations and technology groups) in Asia and globally.
- Take ownership for, investigate, log/track and resolve 2nd level support queries. This will involve an understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business concepts.
- Assess the relative severity and impact of incidents on the business and external clients and remediate appropriately.
- Proactively identify areas where support queries can be reduced; and identify, document and potentially implement solutions.
- Proactively monitor application and pre-empt issues, ensuring minimal down time and delivery against service levels
- Accurately record incidents and their resolution and use this to facilitate route cause analysis and permanently fix repeat problems.
- Communicate status and resolution of issues on a timely basis to users and technologists, reporting where appropriate to management.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other technology teams including other global support / business lines, application development, QA and infrastructure (e.g. DBA, server teams, web services, etc) teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with users, including front office and other internal groups.
- Gain a good technical and business focused understanding of Credit Suisse's FID businesses and our technical implementation.
- Coordinate with team members in other locations situated globally, including London and NY.
- Provide subject matter-expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Valuation, P&L attribution/reporting, Price Testing, Structured Trade Analysis and Risk Reporting.
- Build role into a reporting point for complex support issues requiring FID business knowledge
- Seek to provide business and technical leadership to the team
- Ensure that the team's Knowledge Base stays ahead of and proactively maintain documentation and implement knowledge review processes
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level.
- Build and track a book of work for support, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
- W ork with development team on improving the environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures etc).
The Credit Risk Support team is a strategic front office support team, part of APAC GM IT. This globally distributed team, made up of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports the global risk systems for the credit business with both FO and BO users in APAC, London and New York. The team supports the global Investment Bank's risk functions and as such have to provide global coverage and ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day. The team has expanded to cover a DevOps function that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a range of tools and processes for assisting with management of the risk runs as well as resource optimization on the middle tier hardware and compute grid.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values You Offer
Good degree in a numerate field (for example, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics).
- ITIL certification
- Good experience with Relational databases (MS-SQL/Oracle/Sybase).
- Fair experience in at least one scripting language (Python/Perl/PowerShell/).
- Proficient in middleware technologies (EMS/MQ/...)
- Understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
- Experience with Geneos
- Experience with .NET framework and C# / F#.
- Experience with Advanced MS Excel.
- Experience supporting and managing EOD or Intraday Risk Management systems.
- Experience with Credit products, particularly CDS, Bonds and Structured Products.
- Basic understanding of PnL and risk sensitivities.
- Experience of business and operational processes in the IB Risk industry.
- Ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in both the Business and IT.
- Organized and incredibly proactive as well as balance multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new business situations and technology quickly.
- Happy with a highly challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving ability and resilience and analytical mindset
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.