Application Support Analyst
The candidate will perform his/her responsibilities as an Application Support Analyst who provides day-to-day oversight and responsibility in managing the resolution of application and system issues arising from technical problems that occur abruptly. Job Description:
Qualifications Qualification Requirements:
- Develop plans to help prevent problems at the onset of incident. This involves evaluating the current state of the application, identifying aspects which could be improved and recommend changes to achieve those improvements.
- Possess specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications, and software in identifying and resolving IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements
- Provide advanced application support to effectively utilize the system infrastructure and resources while monitoring the availability, performance, and throughput of supported IT applications
- Provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incident for customers on the service availability and fulfillment of our service commitment to customers.
- Provide values to the team with a broad set of responsibilities; manage and strategize activities with outcome-based focus on continuous improvement
- Provide on-call support and afterhours/weekend support as needed, covering application support and application change deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- Has technical experience in Unix, MS SQL, IHS and WebSphere Application Server running on Linux and Windows
- Experience in Java programming and Java web service
- Experience in .Net, SharePoint is an added advantage
- Demonstrable track record of hands-on application support experience in a G3/Velocity related domain
- Must be technically competent to provide technical advice and proven experience in managing software releases / software development projects executed in both Agile and SDLC methodologies
- Experience in performing root cause analysis of production problems and provide quick service recovery if required
- Exposure to Cloud technologies and DevOps (CI/CD) tools and techniques is a plus
- Willing to work on duty shifts
- Ability to cope with reasonably high level of stress and demonstrate resiliency, drive and professional integrity.
- Has strong in-depth knowledge in both business skills and technical IT knowledge and demands an ability to manage multiple high-level tasks under pressure.
- Ensure the delivery of 24x7 service operations, establishing metrics, KPIs, and process improvement/automation to continually improve the performance of application support
- Good experience in process improvement and automation for productivity improvement
- Team player with excellent consultative and communications skills and the proven ability to work effectively with internal and external IT/Non-IT stakeholders, vendors & consultants