Application Developer (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
GFTS is seeking a Tech Lead for big data implementation in APAC. The individual will interact with the business teams and be responsible for collating and analyzing the business requirements and be the liaison between technology and business teams.
- Lead, track and drive the progress of the program (requirements, development, testing, operational readiness, data readiness etc.) to ensure timely delivery
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- We are looking for a candidate with experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases,
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Effective problem solving and issue identification
• Master or Bachelor Degree
• Minimum 10 years of total experience with background in Information Technology
• Experience in design, development, testing
• Experience in Java, Python, Hadoop / Big Data technologies such as Hive, Spark, etc.
• Good presentation skills
• Data analysis skills
• Experience in at least one RDBMS
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Strong problem solving skills and able to work under pressure.
• Confident, innovative, self-motivated, result oriented
• Demonstrate ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels and across functions. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting