Apac Futures & Prime Operations Control
FCX Operations supports the Futures & OTC Clearing and FX Prime Brokerage Business ("FCX") across the clearing settlement and margining of listed derivatives and FX.
Prime Finance Middle Office supports Securities Lending & Prime Brokerage Business, across both CGML and CGMI, and is part of the overall Prime Finance Business unit.
The role will be to work with Operations Line Control and Operations Line Managers to provide support for all control-related activity across FCX and Prime Middle Office & Operations. The successful candidate will interact closely across all levels of seniority within Middle Office, Operations, Business, Product Control and Operational Risk. Job Purpose
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational control guidance and support to the FCX and Prime Finance Middle Office & Operations, Business and Clients. Resolving complex issues and providing guidance and training to enable the group to further develop. This is a high profile role with large volumes & quick turnarounds. Key Responsibilities
- Risk & Control Oversight and Support for both the Regional & Global Operations Heads
- Regulatory & Risk and Control Programs - Support project and program management activities
- Regulatory Mapping BAU - Continual support to regulatory mapping program in BAU
- Ensure regulatory controls are adequately reflected in MCA control descriptions & monitoring methodology is comprehensive.
- Deployment, guidance and training on MCA ARCMs (RIM program related)
- Execute MCA activities including testing/ annual & quarterly risk assessments in Citi Risk and Control System
- Ensure adherence to operational risk and MCA standards
- MCA Analytics and reporting - Quarterly monitoring results analysis, deep dive reviews and preparing reports
- Continual process improvement on MCA program, automate monitoring methodology and promoting consistency and standardization
- Maintain pristine governance for Risk & Control Book of Work
- Support Operations partners in Risk & Control framework
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the Operations and Business managers, acts as a trusted advisor on operational matters.
- Monitor emerging operational best practices in the Industry; determine what is required to create competitive advantage in support of FCX and Prime Business.
- Oversee the implementation of policies and controls within the unit and ensure staff are aware of their obligations.
- Leads benchmarking and process improvement initiatives to improve controls and make processes more efficient and transparent.
- Contribution and preparation of high quality materials for business reviews, project meetings, including proactive follow-up of actions to closure.
- Manage ad hoc requirements in a pressurised environment.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the products, markets and processes being supported
- Exposure to products supported by the FCX and Prime Finance Middle Office & Operations
- Fully proficient in the use of technology within own department.
- Enhancing communication and organisational skills. Meeting targets set within the group and interacting with a wide spectrum of people to achieve these skills.
- Self-motivation, flexibility and a strong desire to succeed will bring a recognised and rewarded career.
- Continued development of leadership skills.
- Understanding of FCX and Prime Finance products and functions including trade processing, clearing, margining, reconciliation and settlement principles and best practices.
- Understanding of life-cycle of trade processing for significant product type (Equity / Fixed Income / Derivatives).
- Understanding of the Books & records & how all the processes fit together.
- Work experience in the Financial Services Industry is a must.
- Displays a well-developed ability to schedule work and understand relative priorities.
- Building positive working relationships and working with team members to understand the root cause of an issue in a timely and effective manner.
- An understanding of the risk in not delivering a good service.
- Demonstrates ability to lead change and drive process efficiencies in a controlled manner through Innovation.
- Good Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Computer literate and ability to grasp several in house systems quickly.
- Numerate and Analytical
- Ability to communicate, detail issues, in writing and verbally, in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and professionalism in decision making/problem solving, escalating to Management as appropriate.
- Ability to think clearly and concisely in challenging situations
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Awareness
- Planning and Organising
- Relationship Building
- University Level standard or equivalent at a minimum
- Good numeric skills
- Industry exams e.g. Futures Series 3, IAQ module exams or equiv. is a plus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Cash Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting