Anti-financial Crime - APAC Head of AFC Testing & QA - Director / Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Embargo & Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Anti-Fraud and Investigations and Financial Crimes, collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime Compliance (AFC). The Management and all employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect DB and our reputation from those who intend to use our products and services for money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or terrorist financing purposes.
The AFC programme is formulated and directed by the Global Head of AFC. The Global Head of AML/KYC and Business Line AFC reports to the Global Head of AFC and is responsible for ensuring the bank's AML & KYC framework meets regulatory expectations and these standards are aligned across DB's businesses. This responsibility extends to branches, subsidiaries and other dependent companies within the respective region (DB Group).
The APAC AFC Testing & QA team comprises of approximately 24 Full Time Employees across Singapore, Hong Kong, and India. These have direct or functional (matrix) reporting lines into the APAC Head of AFC Testing & QA. The APAC AFC Testing team is also responsible for appropriate coverage of the other locations within Asia that do not have local staff through a "remote coverage" model, which includes travel to the relevant business locations. The APAC Head of AFC Testing & QA reports to the Regional Head of Compliance and AFC Testing & QA.
The APAC Head of AFC Testing & QA is a senior role within the Compliance and AFC Testing & QA function and will be based in either Singapore or Hong Kong. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 20-25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- Lead and manage the APAC Testing & QA team of approximately 20 people (with possible future growth) across multiple jurisdictions, with direct and/or functional reporting lines. Source and hire talent into the team to meet growth plans as well as replace any attrition that might arise.
- Develop, maintain and execute an appropriate Testing & QA program for Asia including ensuring that each test is appropriately scoped and executed to the highest standard. Oversee the delivery by the team against set timelines, identifying and addressing delays, and ensuring the delivery of all items on the Testing & QA Plan within the relevant timeframes permitted; ensure timely and appropriate escalation and reporting of issues noted by Testing & QA; own and develop relationships with stakeholders, including front-office colleagues, AFC and other Infrastructure Groups; and respond to regulatory enquiries and Audit requests in a timely and complete manner.
- Directly manage Testing & QA senior team members and ensure that the senior members are appropriately managing their direct reports, in an environment where talent acquisition, people management and development is the number one priority. Guide, develop and mentor all the individual members of APAC Testing & QA in order to enhance Testing skills, industry and regulatory awareness, and technical and institutional knowledge, driving the identification and development of potential future leaders.
- Act as a role model for the Bank's values and beliefs for all employees, providing help and support to new joiners to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment and actively support the Bank's strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture.
- Support tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organizational imperatives and needs. Address individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance, and take ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution.
How we'll support you:
- Educated to degree level with a demonstrable professional qualification with 10 to 15 years' experience with a strong knowledge of banking and securities laws, regulations, directives, regulatory expectations, and AFC risks in building and heading Financial Crime testing functions either from a Second or Third Line of Defence in a large financial institution with the same mix as Deutsche Bank; Strong CIB experience is required
- Excellent technical/product knowledge relevant to the activities of DB in APAC with ability and desire to quickly understand an area outside the persons existing experience through independent research and analysis, so as to be able to adequately test or oversee testing of new businesses, processes for AFC risks
- Strong understanding of AFC Risks and the ways in which the risks will crystallize in practice, so as to be able to test adequacy and effectiveness of the Risk Management framework implemented to address those risks
- Understanding and application of relevant AML & KYC regulations and legislation will be given preference (including but not limited to; the German AML Act, the German Banking Act, 3rd AML EU Directive, 4th AML EU Directive, US BSA and other supporting regulations worldwide)
- Very strong people management skills, able to deal with a diverse and remote team, spread across Asia with direct or matrix reporting lines, and with varying levels of AFC Testing & QA experience so as to build and maintain a strong and capable testing team. Required proven senior management engagement experience, including the ability to influence and drive change.
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.