Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Asia Pacific
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Securities
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
The TD Bank Group (TD) Global AML Compliance Department is accountable for establishing TD’s Global Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Program (AML/ATF) to ensure that all TD businesses remain complaint with AML/ATF regulatory expectations in all jurisdictions where TD operates.
This includes ensuring that businesses are aware of the applicable AML/ATF and sanctions regulatory requirements and providing advice and support, as required. The team is accountable for promoting AML/ATF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC) compliance by developing and maintaining an AML compliance program, including appropriate policies and procedures, relevant training, independent monitoring and oversight activities and internal/external reporting.
Working with their manager to ensure TDS identifies and satisfies its AML, ATF and ABAC-related regulatory and compliance obligations in the Asia-Pacific region, working seamlessly as part of the TDS Global AML team, to ensure consistent AML, ATF & ABAC standards across the Asia-Pacific region.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide AML/ATF, sanctions and ABAC advice and guidance to the business and the relevant 1B functions;
• Participate in global and/or TDS Asia Pacific GAML initiatives, as required;
• Participate in drafting of AML, Sanctions and ABAC policies and procedures;
• Participate in/conduct AML, Sanctions and ABAC training, as required for TDS Asia Pacific staff, including new hires;
• Track and action the various sanctions-related regulatory requests/updates relating to TDS Asia Pacific;
• Track and analyze AML, Sanctions and ABAC regulatory changes relating to Asia Pacific and assist with implementation;
• Oversee AML/ATF, Sanctions and ABAC risk assessments for TDS Asia Pacific;
• Perform and/or assist with AML/ATF and ABAC testing/monitoring for TDS Asia Pacific;
• Perform/oversee Gifts and Entertainment pre-approvals for TDS Asia Pacific, including tracking of approvals
• Review AML, Sanctions and ABAC reports received from the various Head Office groups, and provide local oversight over the key outsourced functions (e.g. Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions Screening etc);
• Providing updates/reporting on key AML, Sanctions and ABAC initiatives/issues to GAML and local senior management
• Perform Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews on high risk customers relating to TDS Asia Pacific;
• Perform sundry duties, projects and such other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
• Ability to work independently, apply critical and strategic thinking to issues, make timely decisions, and manage deadlines while multi-tasking amongst different projects and priorities.
• Must be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented and have good work ethic.
• Strong knowledge of AML/ATF and sanctions, including sound knowledge and understanding of AML/ATF regulations in Singapore, is strongly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels in the organizations
• Ability to communicate effectively and build good working relationships with diverse groups to identify issues, collaborate and implement workable solutions
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced Excel skills