Anti-Financial Crime - Wealth Management Senior Specialist Advisor - Vice President
Position Overview Business Description
The Singapore Anti-Money Laundering Department, part of Anti Financial Crime, supports Deutsche Bank businesses in Singapore in managing AML risk, is responsible for ensuring related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal DB policies and MAS regulations. The operations in Singapore include a Branch and capital markets services licensees.
For candidates with the relevant seniority or experience, additional regional responsibilities will be conferred. AML Responsibilities:
- The AML Officer's responsibilities include working within the existing AML team to:
- Assist in the continued implementation of the applicable Group and divisional Policies on AML and KYC, through working closely with Client On-boarding colleagues and carrying out quarterly AML controls over relationships in Wealth Management Division.
- Decide on new or existing Singapore relationships that are escalated by the local on-boarding staff or deciding to escalate further.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Singapore or entity-level AML policies, procedures and AML Compliance program, as well as the annual Risk Analysis and the coordination of updates to Regional/Global AML.
- Assist in validation of the AML Monitoring parameters and Transaction Screening databases, and being the approval point for client third party payments.
- Assist in the review of New Product Approval requests and smart sourcing initiatives for Singapore where appropriate.
- Assist in the fulfilment of local regulatory information requests from MAS and CAD, or within regulatory inspections.
- Assist in the Suspicious Transaction Reporting process to investigate AML Transaction Monitoring and other alerts including hits against the payment filter, and ensure suspicious transactions in Singapore are reported to the authorities and appropriately logged.
- Providing or assisting the provision of training on local regulatory requirements and internal policies, along with producing training materials.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- Excellent technical AML knowledge skills and experience, and demonstrated hands-on experience
- Understanding one or more of the business areas of investment banking, corporate banking, trade finance, asset management and/or wealth management, and risk profile of each category.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail.
- Performance orientation
- Teamwork and communication
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks under pressure.
Personal Attributes/Background/ Work Experience Required:
- Degree qualified
- Relevant AML or related certifications (desirable)
- (CAMS, CFE, IntDipAML)
- 8+ Years relevant experience.
- Work experience in a regulator or financial institution.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English required. Proficiency in an Asian language advantageous.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.