Android Developer - Digital Bank
We're looking for an Android Developer to work onsite within our Digital Bank. We're a small, but growing venture, with new and exciting problems to solve. We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
As an Android Developer you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing, learn new ways of working, and build delightful, high-quality mobile apps for our customers.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side Platform leads, other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential. It's a Hands-on role and efficiency in Kotlin, and familiarity with functional programming, Co-routines is preferred.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Work collaboratively with the Platform Lead, POs and Designers to understand the requirements and convert them into fully functional app.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Has 3+ years of professional Android experience, with at least 1 app in the Play store.
• Is efficient in Android development using Kotlin
• Is familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Is experienced with Modern Android MVVM architecture using coroutines
• Has good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Has knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Has ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Understands Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Is familiar with continuous integration.
• Has good communication skills and a sense of humour.
Good to have (Optional):
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Knowledge of GQL
• Fintech/Banking experience