Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Anti-Money Laundering
Overview of Division/Department
Our Anti-Money Laundering (AMLD), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is responsible for identifying and implementing measures to mitigate anti-money laundering and terrorists financing risks across all the markets, products and countries in which the Bank transacts. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
To manage overall risk of bank's Anti-Money Laundering risk in Singapore branch and manage Anti-Money Laundering Section.
AML is responsible to be the second line of defence to manage money laundering/terrorism financing risks of the branch. AML is required to identify and manage the mentioned risks when transactions are being processed or when applications, products, systems and technologies are being adopted.
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
· Monitor Branch compliance with AML/CFT regulations & law
· Keep abreast with AML/CFT regulations and provide advisory to counterparts on the regulations
· Review and investigate AML alerts generated and maintain lists of designated entities in the AML filtering systems
· Prepare suspicious transactions reports and responses to requests by regulatory authorities.
· Assist in following up on AML-relevant audit findings and their rectification
· Ensure AML/CFT policies and procedures are up-to-date
· Conduct AML/CFT related training
· Participate in projects and providing support to the team when required Job Requirements
What you should have:
· Ability to perform tasks without errors.
· Apply AML/CFT knowledge to monitor pre and post customers' transactions
· Assist in preparing suspicious transactions reports and reply to requests by regulatory authorities (The investigation is already completed together with senior level)
· Understand and appreciate risk as an element in products and services across various industries and how the bank to mitigate the risk.
· Demonstrate good understanding of basic banking products and services (remittances, cash & cheques, loans, FX, time deposits, trade finance)
· Demonstrate good understanding of AML regulations, policies and procedures
· Explain standards and requirements within the context of risk and its implication, within their respective function
Systems / Application
· Perform ad hoc tasks in transactions monitoring team, which includes uploading of sanction lists and preparing reports, and ensuring documents and files used in AML function are accurately maintained.
· Able to operate AML systems in an accurate and effective manner
· Perform intermediary level excel function such as using for example, v-lookup, pivot table, and other functions required for day to day work.
· Assist in ensuring that AML/CFT IOPs are kept up to date.
· Assist in following up on AML-relevant audit findings and their rectification.
1) Perform fraud risk assessment using established fraud detection procedures
2) Follow standard set of steps for onboarding procedures Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"