We are supporting our client, a top tier global investment bank who are seeking to recruit a number of Product Controllers at various levels to oversee their treasury, FX and Rates Options market business from a control and governance perspective.
- Working as part of the team that are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of Global Treasury, FX and Rates Options Business books and records. This responsibility encompasses:
- Timely and accurate calculation and verification of Trader Profit &Loss/Risk reporting and control
- Daily revenue reporting of estimate and actual P&L
- Month-end close process, working in partnership with Financial Control, Valuation Control and Legal Entity Controllers
- Detailed daily and monthly commentary on P&L movement
- Preparation of commentary for trading results, linking trading revenues to desk strategies and changes in market conditions.
- Ascertain a thorough understanding of the end-to-end technology platform and associated feeds/downstream systems.
- Balance sheet substantiation at monthend
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external regulation
- Responsible for daily production of risk and P&L sign off statistics
- Responsible for summary of P&L and explanation MIS to management.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Relevant BSc degree with a proven strong academic background required
- CA or CPA Accounting qualified with 3-10 years + post qualification experience within financial services, ideally product control
- Big 4 experience highly regarded
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, IAS)
- An in depth knowledge of financial market products although not a pre-requisite would be highly regarded for this role
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as a track record of interacting with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent Excel knowledge.