Analyst, Trade Services Specialist, Premier Service Unit, Institutional Banking Group Operation, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities As part of the Premier Service Unit servicing the bank's key VIP trade clients, the role will effectively perform day-to-day business operational activities which includes meeting both internal and external stakeholders' expectations in terms of quality and turnaround time:
- Processing of Trade Finance applications including issuance and advising of Letter of Credit, Bank-to-Bank Reimbursements, Export Negotiations, etc.
- Client servicing by means of our Trade Hotline
- Adherence to the processes, procedures and guidelines established under the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Process Risk Maps (PRM)
- Maintain risk & controls measures as per the established standards and minimize operational losses
- Identify and implement improvements to processes and/or procedures to increase productivity and control risks
- Support the team with ad-hoc projects such as system enhancements and bug fixes
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree holder with a major in banking/finance and/or prior banking experience with system knowledge of IMEX/ELCY/GTC/EssDocs/Contour is advantageous
- Basic understanding and awareness of industry rules (UCP600, ISBP, URR, URC etc)
- Prior experience in Trade Finance will be an advantage.
- A keen eye for detail and ability to work within a team
- Inspiring individual with great work ethics and conceptual team player with problem solving abilities
- An articulate and outgoing personality
- Applicants with prior project management, process improvement and trade finance experience are highly advantageous
- Capable of effectively working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Innovative and willing to accept challenges in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills and good phone etiquette
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong customer and business focus with a keen awareness of risk and fraud control
- Excellent Microsoft office suite skills